Tuesday, October 19, 2010

revising........

Thinking about my experience with the process of revision, how do I feel about my original drafts? So far I feel that my rough drafts are rough drafts I guess. A rough draft is your first attempted at writing a formal paper that is constantly being improved until you are satisfied with it. The process of making changes through out the writing of a draft is called revision. According to William Zinsser, It is an ongoing process of rethinking the paper: reconsidering your arguments, reviewing your evidence, refining your purpose, reorganizing your presentation, reviving stale prose. I’m hoping that my rough drafts are showing the progress that I am making in English 101. My rough drafts always need improvements; I guess that’s a good thing. In my career I really don’t have to deal a lot with rough drafts. So I’m trying my best but I just want to pass the class and get out of it….ughL I hate writhing period! The instructor’s comments are clear and the revising does help some. I guess revising is a good thing!J

2 comments:

  1. you may not have to deal with rough drafts in your career, but it is very likely that there will be some writing required, even if it is only minimal. don't hate writing, because you limit your own potential. writing takes practice. as a college student, you will be required to write in every class you take so try to approach writing with a positive attitude. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the William guy. Its just new ways of thinking and rethinking about your paper

    ReplyDelete